Monday, August 19, 2013

How To Read Literature by Terry Eagleton

 How to Read Literature by Terry Eagleton explains different ways to use literary criticism in regards to openings, character, narrative, interpretation and value. It uses passages from many well known authors from Shakespeare to J.K. Rowling.

 The author shows us passages and then critics them on occasion with examples from other literary critics to show us how a certain passage can have many different meanings.

 I liked this book and appreciated that it went into depth on the different aspects of literature. This book is well written and opens our eyes to different ways to view how literature is written. This book is wonderful for both students new to reading literature and those who wish to enrich their reading of it.

 I learned many different ways to read the different aspects of a book and now see new ways to analyze literature. I would especially recommend this book to those new to the study of literature.

I acknowledge that I won this book through a Goodreads contest and this is my honest and unbiased opinion of the book.

Amazon

~Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment